1.11.2005

Open letter #5.

Dear al Qaeda,

Well, it's Tuesday, so it's time to catch up. There's not that much to report on my end this week, and it sure doesn't look like there's much to report on your end, either. The good news is that the Pentagon hasn't contacted to me to ask me why I'm writing letters to you. Maybe they do have a sense of humor after all! Hold on, the phone's ringing...

Anyway, I was thinking. I have to commend you for taking responsibility when you destroy peoples' homes, lives, families etc. You even claim destruction that you had no hand in, though I do think it was very wise of you to let the tsunami and mudslide go. There are things even mere mortals are not capable of. But, in comparison, our president, when he destroys peoples' homes, lives, families etc., doesn't even admit he's doing it! Can you imagine?! He just wreaks havoc and then tells us everything's going fine. And, as you probably know, our media is totally compliant. The thing is, the conservative government basically owns the media, because Republicans like to give huge tax breaks to corporations, and corporations like the tax breaks because it's money! The puzzling thing is the government then spends the money that's been handed out to said corporations on destroying peoples' homes, lives, families etc. that's apparently in my country's best interest if it were even happening in the first place, which, I'm told, it's not. You probably already know all this, but I'm just making a point.

The bottom line is that I haven't been to therapy in two whole weeks, and there's a lot building up inside. Yes, therapists do go on vacation, too. Frankly, I'm crossing my fingers that my therapist didn't go to Sri Lanka, but I suppose I'll find out later. I'm kind if hoping if he did, he 1)survived and 2)bought me an "I Went to Sri Lanka and All I Got Was This Stupid Tsunami" T-shirt. That's a long shot, though, 'cause therapists don't buy their patients gifts. At least mine doesn't. Which is good, because as I told him at the beginning, I want a therapist, not a friend.

Well, I have a long day ahead of me. I'm working till 5. Then I have therapy at 6. Then I teach from 8 to 10:30. Tomorrow I have to pack up a bunch of stuff for the move. We hired the movers. Everything seems to be progressing normally. It's all just a gigantic headache.

Feel free, at any point, to drop me a line. I know this week's communcation isn't the most thrilling, but there will be better letters in the future. I won't give up. You terrorizing nomads intrigue me. Though, come to think of it, you probably lost a bunch of members in Indonesia. Well, sometimes nature will do what an inept president can't.

Hugs and kisses,
Matt

P.S. Leave Dubai alone. I'm dying to go to the Burj al-Arab.

No comments: