5.03.2005

The wheels on the bus go round and round and round.

FINE. We're obsessed with Riding the Bus with My Sister. If you're sick of hearing about it, scroll down and look at Hayden Christensen's grissy hair or Beyonce's vagina.

So, we were reading the "In Defense of..." forum we linked below, and we found out that the author of the book on which the movie is based has a Web site. Naturally, we immediately located it. The message in the forum said that there were pictures of Beth, the character that Rosie O'Donnell plays in the movie, on the site and that the movie and O'Donnell captured Beth perfectly.

Here's O'Donnell (you're probably very familiar with this photograph by now):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Beth:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Obviously, you can make your own decisions. We can't quite find the similarities, but we're sure real Beth isn't nearly as hilarious as O'Donnell Beth. In fact, one viewer writes this:

"I have to admit I've never really found Rosie funny before. I tried watching her show back in the day but it never really appealed to me. So it was with some trepidation that I flicked this on but I have to say I had a really good time. Rosie is so funny and Andie MacDowell provided some laughs too. All in all, a very funny movie. Grade: A-"

That's the spirit! Another related quote is from O'Donnell herself on the author, Rachel Simon's Web site:

"This is an amazing book, a beautiful story of the ties that bind. Two sisters, as different as they come, find the magic in each other's lives. This book touched my soul."


Obviously omitted is the following sentence, which reads "I CAN'T WAIT TO RUIN IT!!!!!! GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

We even find the sister herself...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...who looks more like Mayim Bialik than Andie MacDowell, rather amusing. About a rather simple letter that Beth wrote, the author says:

"This is an old letter from Beth, with only a few words. Once I started riding with her, they expanded to many sentences, and sometimes pages, long, and became much more specific to her life."

So, basically, Rachel Simon is like, "I'm the one who's responsible for all the improvements in your life, Beth! Now sit down and watch Rosie O'Donnell make a complete ass of herself. After this, when people meet you, they'll think you're almost human! MUHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!"

Obviously, Rachel's the smart one. Beth is the cute one. I'm just her sister.

No comments: