10.04.2005

Hootchie mama.

From page 193 of Life Is Not a Fairy Tale:

"The term 'hootchie mama' started in the ghetto with R&B and hip-hop music, but it is a mainstream idea. It is the physical presentation of women and our deep need for attention from men."

We were not aware "hootchie" had a "t" in it. We thought it was more like "hoochie." And, being that Fantasia is fizzunktionally illiterate, we still think it's sans "t." We do applaud her stance as social anthropologist, though.

She continues, on page 196:

"I am an ex-hootchie mama, and I will always be, no matter what happens with my music. And I will always speak up for the girls who are like I once was, because they can change too, if they really want to. I am hoping that you do."

Me? I ain't no hootchie mama, bitch! Damn. You betta watch yo-self! Shit.

Sorry. Sorry. Intern Keisha got to the keyboard before we could react. Anyway, we really want to let these excerpts speak for themselves, so we really have nothing to add. Oh, Fantasia if you're reading this, Keisha would like to meet you behind the Dumpster at 3 today with on...sorry...Pbhzgv flyqn qhpb ml ibbm sly kbghdn mgb nyixzmbo vm a mlnvs fhmg ldqs eyzm slyo jhzmz vdn fbvcb.

No comments: