10.04.2005

Comfortable counting.

From page 69 of Life Is Not a Fairy Tale:

"You must think I'm crazy to put my business out here like this, but the reason I'm doing this is to go behind the gossip and let you know that this is one mistake that no one should ever make. Ever. In those days, when I was thinkin' I was being cool by not going to school, I didn't realize that the coolest part of my life should have been spending my days at Montlieu Elementary School, A Laurin Welborn Middle School, and T. Wingate Andrews High School. The coolest part of my nights should have been struggling with math homework and writing papers. Most of my friends were actually going to school and learnin' somethin', and I was at home lookin' stupid—watchin' TV, not being able to read, not being able to count. In those days, I didn't even feel comfortable counting."

We would like to take this opportunity, as the official NB Book Club, to remind Fantasia's tutor that words ending in "-ing" end in "g." We'll make a helpful worksheet that Fantasia can understand:

3) Qyb fclegcts, egps eas vybm “afps.”

7) “Jubc” oiq ac kimc uqsh “jubuqv” ap gukxwp mnhxxuqv sjc “c,” a gh sjis slh qhq-ohkxwkcqsinp rhlcw gheqmg mh qhs yhwwhl cioj hsjcn, iqm sjcq immuqv “-uqv.”

46) “-Dgq” hojrnf gabai, abai ya kojrqok jt ch “-dg’”

1) Uv hkm gouxb “cujuza” uzlxbyr kv “cujuzd,” wbkwpb qyh xcuzj hkmaob uppuxboyxb.

114) Fmagaiyga, “-ntl” cmyrdu sdqswc gafsnt nfc “l.”

No comments: