10.04.2005

All that.

From page 31 of Life Is Not a Fairy Tale:

"After we had done it, I was disappointed. It wasn't anything like I had hoped. I thought sex would make me see fireworks and make my temperature go up. I thought it would change everything for me. And, I guess it did. Sex didn't feel good at all. It just felt like loneliness. The next day I sat down at lunch and said to my girlfriends, 'It was not all you said it was. It isn't all that.' I think my main disappointment was that B. really didn't care anything about me. But I didn't say that to them. I figured I just needed more practice."

Of course, as we come to learn, Fantasia did get better with the sex and ended up having a baby boy she named Zion. One learns more about him throughout the book. A LOT more about him. Oh, had Fantasia written the above admission in her journal, it would have looked like this:

Opijl ej ron nftj gi, g eov ngvoddfgtijn. Gi eovtai otwirgtq aghj g ron rfdjn. G irfzqri vjk efzan cohj cj vjj pgljeflhv otn cohj cw ijcdjloizlj qf zd. G irfzqri gi efzan brotqj jyjlwirgtq pfl cj. Otn, g qzjvv gi ngn. Vjk ngntai pjja qffn oi oaa. Gi uzvi pjai aghj aftjagtjvv. Irj tjki now g voi nfet oi aztbr oi vogn if cw qglaplgjtnv, agi eov oaa wfz vogn gi eov. Gi gvtai oaa iroi.a g irgth cw cogt ngvoddfgticjti eov iroi m. Ljoaaw ngntai bolj otwirgtq omfzi cj. Mzi g ngntai vow iroi if irjc. G pgqzljn g uzvi tjjnjn cflj dlobigbj.



ADDENDUM:
Someone named Kerrius Nolan comments below that Fantasia's son, Zion, is actually a girl. We consulted Life Is Not a Fairy Tale and Kerrius is, indeed, correct, as evidenced by this sentence from page 46: "When I looked at Zion, all I could see was the hole in her heart that would be permanent because there was no daddy in her life." Thank you, Kerrius, for pointing out our mistake. You see, kids, it does pay to be able to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Zion, is her daughter. Not a son. But y'all know you wrong for this whole thing. it's funny....but you know you wrong. lol.