2.04.2005

Brown's got me downs.

Since there's absolutely nothing worth talking about right now (yes, we are sad about Ossie Davis, but Miami will do that to even the best. And, yes, we understand that we'll probably be attacking Iran any minute now.), let's figure out something together:

Why, in every apartment building I've lived in in NYC, have the hallways been painted some kind of horrible, coffee-ey brown color? Imagine my horror to come home to my new building yesterday to find the lobby renovations resulting in clean white walls being painted, yes, brown. Now, imagine my horror upon leaving my building this morning to find that the painters were now adding wide vertical stripes of a darker brown to the mix. Voila! The lobby now looks like a ghetto circus tent. And it only took three days! Is brown paint cheaper in New York City or are all my landlords blind assholes? And this new one has no excuse because he lives in the building. I'm looking forward to cornering him in the shifty elevator and asking him just what the hell he was thinking right before I shoot him between the eyes and cover his body with his ratty Penney's coat. Dick.

No comments: