2.09.2006

"Project Runway" gay/countergay #1.

We've gotten into a bit of a discussion with the apostmentioned Zach of True Enough for You about last night's "Project Runway." We were going to post about the episode, anyway, so we figured why not just post our thrilling correspondence, much like Slate's movie club? So, please enjoy this gay/countergay on "Project Runway."



The NB, 11:23 a.m.
Daniel V. went insane last night.

TEFY, 11:28 a.m.
Yeah, and I actually never realized how pretty Kara was. She had some
really cute moments. I think Chloe looked bad mostly because she is
4'2''.

I have more commentary. I need to pull it all together.

And sadly, I can see a Chloe, Santino, Kara final 3 now. You watch it
happen. Ugh.

The NB, 11:34 a.m.
Um...I think I'll have to disagree with you on the Kara/pretty
statement. Though, certainly, she should never have been in a jumpsuit
like that.

Daniel has to be in the top 3. He's won the most challenges! See, this
is where shows like this start to really bother me. So Kara had a good
night last night. Great. But she's never won a challenge. Clearly Nick
is a better designer than Kara, but he had a bad night. Fine. But why
should he go home? It should be like, Kara, you did wonderfully
tonight but remember the "No Trespassing" from two weeks ago? We're
going to have to send you home.

Anyway, Daniel V. got a little bitchy, too, last night. The flippant
"Lucky me" on the runway was quite unexpected.

TEFY, 11:46 a.m.
There are moments when you can see that Kara has a very natural beauty
to her. If she cared how she looked and if someone dressed her in
something that wasn't a mauve tube sock with glued-on accessories, she
would probably be lovely. You can also tell she has a lot more
personality than what the producers are letting you see. Which is why
she likely won't be final 4. But at this rate who knows?

Chloe. We are over her, right? Even though she's going to probably
win? I would wear what she made, sure. But if Nick doesn't have
something just like it in his closet already, i would be shocked. At
least it wasn't turquoise. I would be curious to see her whole line
because she doesn't show much variety for me.

Oh, Michael Kors, fuck you. Like you would *never* wear a vest with a
pink back. Puh-lease. It's moments like that when I am pissed to be
a homo.

Daniel. Hi, you're 24. Get thee over thy self. I love you like the
brother I had committed against his will, but you took Chloe within an
inch of having to say "me love you long time." There have been
several challenges that he won that could have gone to someone else,
easily. I think he won the close battles because of his affable
personality and gracious acceptance of criticism, constructive or
otherwise. Last night he was wearing an ugly color, and I don't mean
on his glossy Ann Taylor pants suit.

One reason I think he might not make it is that I think the judges
might want to see what kind of lines they would put out. At this
point, have we seen basically everything Daniel can do? His youth and
inexperience showed for the first time last night.

Santino. I think his line would be fascinating to see. One problem
with this whole season is that with immunity at stake last year,
people were desiging to WIN. This year, people design just so they
can sail to the next round. That's one thing you can't say about
Santino most of the time. He really puts it all out there. I think
he's gross, a really reprehensible person on physical and
persona-based levels. But he makes stuff interesting. That said,
last night he was stupid and lazy and probably should have been kicked
off.

And......I am a loser.

No comments: