2.09.2006

"Project Runway" gay/countergay #2.



The NB, 12:06 p.m.

Yes, the two straight guys I watched last night's episode with howled
louder than I did when Kors said he wouldn't wear a vest with a pink
back.

Chloe. Over her? Hmmm. I did enjoy her outfit for Nick. It fit nicely
and looked well put-together. She herself has always been boring,
though. And her constant, CONSTANT repetition of "This my first time
menswear designer" had me repeatedly screaming "THEY LIKE YOUR DESIGN. SHUT UP!" at my television.

Kara I just don't know what to do with. I don't know if it's the
editing, but I've never gotten a secure feeling from her. She seems
apt enough. But eh. I really think "No Trespassing" put me over the
edge.

Your thoughts on Daniel and Santino are mostly right on. I do think
that Daniel really does put thought into his designs, moreso than
Santino. And I think it's been evident that that causes him to
construct his clothes in a more careful manner. Daniel shows better
than Santino. Though I think Santino is more likely, eventually, to
really create something stunning. He just needs to pull it together.
And, yes, Daniel's young, but I don't think we've seen all he can do.
He's just beginning. That could be his downfall or his ultimate asset.

All in all, I can't see Kara making it to the final three. The only
reason I think a woman could win is because a man (kind of) won last
year. But I think the proper winner of this season should be Daniel or
Santino. Or Tim Gunn for not shooting himself within three minutes of
meeting these people.

TEFY, 12:28 p.m.
Also, I forgot maybe my favorite part of the show when Santino said
that Kara's sleeve ripped when the 5 of them were jumping around and
celebrating!

Kara's response: .....[South African wince] .........

The NB, 12:39 p.m.
Kara stood there like a fool. She might have been able to bring
Santino down. It's kind of amazing how these shows actually do
illustrate how people handicap themselves in trying not to hurt
someone else's feelings. The goal is to win. Screw decorum. Doesn't
Kara know about MySpace for making friends? Path-e-tic.

TEFY, 12:41 p.m.
It might also be that 1. She's actually really nice. 2. She doesn't
have the out-for-blood vigor that Americans inately possess or 3. She
was thinking of a hat.

No comments: